View Full Post
Although in the past I have self-proclaimed to be 'not very good at the beauty thing', I figured I'd start introducing some beauty posts to my blog and share a few of my favourite products right now. Let me know if you enjoy this post and I might consider doing similar bits in the future!
1. YSL Fusion Ink Foundation Believe the hype... or I certainly do. This very much anticipated foundation (which had a waiting list of over 12,000 in the U.K!) has revolutionised by beauty routine and left me with the flawless skin that I've searched for many years to find. I luckily managed to bag this wonderous product the day it launched in here in the U.S from Saks on 5th Avenue after having a lovely makeover at the YSL beauty counter. Although it may have a £30.50 price tag, the 25ml goes a long way and with just a few swipes of the applicator my less-than-perfect skin is transformed. The super lightweight formula has a silky texture and matte finish that calls for no primer and no powder. To top it off, my skin feels almost make-up free and I don't feel the need to reapply every few hours.
2. L'Oreal Les Blancs Range (L-R) Pistachio Dragee, Peach Negligee, Nouvelle Vague Pastel shades have been all over my nails this summer and I've found some real winners with L'Oreal. The pale shades of mint green, nude and lilac look refreshing with my summer wardrobe and the cool tones compliment my skin tone very nicely. I'm also a big fan of the small bottle size - who uses a full size bottle before it goes gloopy anyway?!
3. Dior Nude Healthy Glow Powder Having interned at Dior Beauty Head Office last year, I was lucky enough to receive a number of beauty goodies, including this bronzer. Certainly not a new addition to my make-up bag but a much loved one all the same, the Dior Healthy Glow Bronzer is my ultimate favourite product for creating a glowing face and defined cheekbones.
4. Victoria's Secret Mango Temptation Fragrance Mist I stared at the countless choices of fragrance at the Victoria's Secret store last week before giving in to this bottle of happiness. Tropical, exotic and refreshing would be three words to describe this body spray, which is slowly becoming my signature scent. I can't get enough!
5. L'Oreal Volume Million Lash So Couture Mascara When it comes to mascara, I'm a plastic brush (over fibre) kinda girl any day. Not only does this mascara come in a pretty purple and gold tube, but also works wonders on my lashes. The thickening and lengthening brush transforms my (admittedly) short and stubby lashes into a wide-eyed look from root to tip.